Friday, August 25, 2006

School
Whahaha ownage man. The English is okay on the overall. The SS was, I owned the SEQ, think I did not bad for the SBQs too. Nice day, quite happy, lol.

Personal
New breakthrough! I hope I can survive this. Woot, lol. I shall not be distracted, no I WILL NOT get distracted. Everyone, go and own! Hope everyone can win. Shall DHS own all! Lol, looks like I have many joke readers, but I still feel, to a large extent that I should not be blogging everyday, and even to a larger extent that I should not put 2 jokes of the day as I am running out of jokes le. You will laugh when I tell you the source of the jokes, use google search, LOL!

Joke of the Day
On this particular chemistry practical, students are required to oxidize ethanol to ethanoic acid. They have to reflux it for twenty minutes with dilute HCl to get into go to an aldehyde and then bash it with conc. sulphuric and potassuim dichromate(VI) for another twenty minutes to make it go the rest of the way. A student was carefully following the instructions on the paper. He got as far as the aldehyde. At this point, the paper said "Add 5cm3 of K2Cr2O7." He did that. Then it said "Now using a dropper, add 10ml of conc. sulphuric acid..." He did that. Then he read the rest of the line, and it said: "...CAREFULLY, drop by drop over 10 minutes." he lifted my head to see evil looking bubbles spewing forth from the pear-shaped flask beneath a growing tower of thick orange fumes. It looked like something off the set for Jeckyll and Hyde. The boy had a pleased look on his face. He was fortunate the mixture did not explode.

No comments: