Tuesday, February 18, 2014

School
Today is the second day of proper school, and it comprised of a total of 5 hours of lecture. Tiring you may say, but for some reason, I was excited and full of energy. The entire day felt really good. Living on campus is simply EXCELLENT!!! Although I take modules (called courses in ANU) from four different faculties (Engineering, Business, Physics, Environmental Science), all of them are so near each other, and best of all, they're near my room! If I were to draw a comparison in distance, the furthest distance between these five locations is shorter than the distance between the farthest spots of Faculty of Engineering in NUS, and... minus the stairs, even. Well you can either say that the undergraduate area in ANU is small and well planned, but I prefer this way. Getting addicted to staying on campus on the second day lol. Hope the enjoyment of the ease and freedom lasts.

Cooking
It was another nice and exciting cooking session, and one which I actually gained experience from. The good saying goes that you learn more when you fail, and I guess that's particularly correct. So, I tried to make three dishes: stir fried chye sim in oyster sauce again (it improved), pan-fried salmon (with the help of Andy), and pan-fried chicken wings.


The pan-fried salmon was more cooked than I wanted, but the fillet was pretty huge, so it was hard to get the insides cooked, so, the end result was a dry outside and nicely cooked inside - best we can make with pan fry. We should have oven-baked it. The chicken wings was a nightmare. After frying it, the taste of the precious marinate was gone, and it got burnt really fast! Reminder to self, in order to keep the taste of the marinate, next time, use the oven.

Rest
The scumbag brain still recognizes the bed. I fall asleep instantly in my home bed, but it takes about an hour for me to fall asleep here because scumbag brain knows that this is not my room in Singapore and thinks that it is not a safe place to fall asleep.

No comments: