Friday, February 07, 2014

And so, today is D-day. Am I excited? Yes. Am I happy? Not exactly. Leaving Singapore and my family behind for 6 months generates mixed feelings. While I want to enjoy my exchange, a part of me worries about the things that would happen at home. Now I hope that the blessings that my mum have got from the temples that I visited on 2 days of the last week in Singapore actually do benefit my family. Skype often, I suppose.

Much preparations that I have done comes boiling down to this day, to travel to unknown lands and experience the unknown. Many plannings are not done, but I am not worried because things usually fall in place when the time is right. Road trips would be planned when I am right in Australia, with a map in my room, circles demarking the places that me and my exchange friends would want to go, and things we want to do.

I would be living in a room of my own, which is a first in my life even though it has been what... a drag of 24 years. Finally time to get some freedom and peace. Goals are to exercise self discipline. Know what is good for yourself. Manage your resources wisely. Time to do things yourself and help others where possible.

For this exchange, I have already told myself that there would be no holding back. Go out to every single activity I know of, try everything that I have a chance to, bring out the inner extrovertedness in me, while at the same time, spare a thought of the people around me.

Make the best out of the exchange. Australia here I come.

No comments: