Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Dublin

I have been waiting for good weather to do an extensive travelling and it seems that it doesn't work. In the end, I just went ahead with it. Coincidentally, the weather turned out to be nice. The whole trip was just perfect. It is the first time I travelled to a different country for a while. The adventurous spirit rekindled! Dublin is a nice and peaceful city with River Liffey splitting the city into two halves, both equally exciting. Statues can be found everywhere, and it adds to the charm. Dublin also happens to have the widest road in Europe, the O'Connell Street.



6 June 2018, Sunny, Sheffield > Dublin

It was a hot day. I packed up and rushed to the train station and I reached the train station just in time to see the train arrived, while panting rather heavily. The train took me to Manchester Airport, and then I took the Ryanair flight to Dublin. Sounds of seagulls were constantly heard, reminding me that I am very close to the sea. I checked in a budget hostel, Generator Hostel, got a simple dinner at a nearby store, grabbed some food and water for tomorrow and slept.

7 June 2018, Sunny, Dublin > Cliffs of Moher > Dublin

Woke up really early since I planned the day tour to the famous cliffs of Moher. I deliberately put the day trip on the first day because the weather is good, and the tour guide would be able to share a lot of secrets about travelling in Dublin. As we departed Dublin, the nuce guide filled us up with the history of Ireland, how there were kings of regions, thrones, and warfare. It all sounds like a game, and was very interesting. Ireland is full of stone ruins here and there. As we travel eastwards to the cliffs, I also saw for myself how it was greener in the west, and more bogs and stone walls of the east. After 2.5 hours, we reached Galway. Galway is also known as the city of the tribes. I ate cheap McDonalds' burger as further breakfast. Next, we headed off along the Atlantic Way. The guide also shared that Bailey's Irish cream, one of my favourite alcohol, requires very good milk to make, and the milk comes from the cows here, locally produced, as fresh as it can get. As the bus moves along, I also can't help but notice that the houses in Ireland are all very beautifully designed. After a short drive, we finally reached the world famous Cliffs of Moher. The weather today was perfect. We had sunny weather, which means that the pictures that we took have beautiful blue skies.



The path goes along the cliffs and went very far. I walked till a certain point when I realized I should not go any further or I will not make it back in time. Our next destination was a random abbey, which was a graveyard. Pictures here tend to be a little dreamy. We just took a few pictures before returning back to Dublin. We reached back to Dublin at about eight. I had ramen for dinner before returning to the hostel for a good rest.

8 June 2018, Dublin, Partly Cloudy

In the morning, I went to visit the Guinness store house, the place where they make the famous Guinness stout to ship worldwide. It was overall a very organised tour of the place. I learnt some of the processes of making the black beer.



I chose to have a hand in trying to pour myself a pint of Guinness, and even got a certificate for it. After enjoying the pint, I felt like my time in Dublin is already nearly complete. The next things I need to do was to do the city exploration. I visited many places on foot, starting from Christ Church, then Chester Beatty Library and City Hall. Lunch was at Beanhive cafe. Their wrap tasted wonderful. After that, I went into St. Stephen's Green, which was a park, then to Trinity College Dublin, then Temple bar and O'Connell street. At this point, my legs were very tired. I went back to my hostel and rested for a while. For dinner, I tried to go to The Cobblestone and The Brazen Head, both of which were Irish Pubs. As usual with all the Irish Pubs, both were packed with people. I was unable to get any food in the mess. The music was pretty good, it was performed by local people. Since I had no company, I left after a whole minute. In the end, I ate at a place called My Meat Wagon. It was pretty decent. After that, I went to the Ha'Penny bridge to catch a nice sunset and took an awesome picture alongside many professional photographers. The picture is the cover photo of this post.

9 June 2018, Dublin > Liverpool, Clear

Today, the skies turned clear again. I basically retraced the steps I took yesterday, but this time, taking really beautiful pictures. My favourite is Dublinia, Christ Church and the bridge between them. The framing was the same as a postcard I found later.



I had lunch at Tang, very close to the one I went to the day before. It was a healthy lunch. I walked back to O'Connell street. There, I bought myself ice cream made from irish cream. It was delicious. I then took a bus to go out of Dublinc city centre, out to Phoenix Park. Phoenix Park is a very large green space with a gigantic Papal Cross. Why did I come here? That's a wrong question to ask. Why can't I come here? That's more correct. After walking around collecting pictures of green fields, I went back to Dublin, intending to try The Vintage Kitchen, but it was packed. I ate the sushi rice next door. It was not too good. That ends the trip to Dublin. I took a bus to the airport, to start the next part of my travel. Liverpool.






No comments: