Monday, July 04, 2016

Our First Date

2 July 2016, Overcast > Sunny, East Coast Park

It was an overcast morning, but my mood was not dull. In the morning, I was so excited that I woke up early in the morning. We met at Bedok MRT station. I was early, so I went around to hunt for flowers. It is a first date after all, so I want it to be memorable. After looking around, I decided I shall save the money for a better use. When ZhuEn arrived, we went to the Yakun at Bedok Mall for a simple traditional breakfast. I ate my favourite half boiled eggs. We then took a bus to my Junior College. We glanced into VJC, because entrance was no longer permitted. I shared with ZhuEn how I always walked to school, just like how she shared with me when I was in Chaah. We then entered East Coast Park after that. I took her to the beach for a walk by the beach first. I was enjoying every single second of it. I have been dreaming of beach walks with a loved one. We finally decided to go to the rental. We cycled all the way from the bike shop to my secondary school. There, I described again how I used to go to school, and imagined how it is like, when we're both at that age, we were attending secondary school, though at a different school. After the short detour, we resumed our journey to Marina Barrage. We created a really loving scene when we cycled near to each other and held hands while moving on two wheels. I really couldn't have enough of that, though it was slightly dangerous. The sun slowly peeked out of the clouds as afternoon passes. We are getting a lot of sun, but at those moments, nothing seemed to matter. We took many selfies and pictures along the way to Marina Barrage. When we reached, we took a long rest. There, I learnt about the history of her black watch when I took a picture of us holding hands. I also taught her the pose for a beautiful picture. I love that picture I took of her. After a few more pictures and a good rest, we drank up and began our journey back, where we took my favourite picture, a bench shot.



At this point, the sun is becoming really hot. I was worried about sun exposure, but we had to ride back, and we couldn't ride that fast. As a result, we still got pretty sunburnt. Note to self: we need sun protection next time we want to go under the sun. We finally reached the place to return our bikes. I suggested to walk to the hawker centre nearby. I THOUGHT it was nearby, in the end, I think we walked for about 45 minutes. Though we were having very nice conversations, it bothered me that I had to make her walk for so long, even after a long cycle, and be exposed to more sun. Thankfully, she was a kampong girl, and she really didn't mind at all. We finally found the hawker, and I bought a large cup of sugar cane, each. We then sat at the hawker and continued our long conversations. Spending time with each other really never made me sick of her. Time passes fast when we're having fun. I realized I need to go back. Before we left the place, we walked to the wavebreaker to remove a bad memory. After a long moment of consideration, she allowed me to help her, to throw the black watch away, to throw it into the sea, ridding herself of good and bad memories. With all my might, I threw it in the direction of the water. We watched it fly and enter the water, disappearing from sight. I held her hand tightly. She told me I am the one... This moment reinforced my notion that my decision is correct, now and forever. She accompanied me to go back to Pasir Ris. That was when a whole strange of unfortunate (or fortunate) change of plans happened, allowing us to spend a whole lot of time together, taking buses back to Pasir Ris, and then to Bishan, while keep changing bus services. Originally, ZhuEn needed to go Boon Keng, and I needed to go Serangoon, but in the end, it was me who needed to go to Boon Keng, and she needed to go back home. It was strange, and we kept laughing at our fate. The bus rides just allowed us to spend more quality time with each other. In the end, I bid her farewell when Bus 88 reached her home. I kissed her hands goodbye.

No comments: