Friday, July 01, 2016

As I was going home today, I received a text invitation for dinner. I immediately agreed to go, but she seemed to withdraw the offer. I was pretty adamant to go, and had actually stepped out of the train to go to the opposite platform to take the train back to the city. The sisters have invited me to eat Chir Chir Chicken fusion at 313 Somerset. Since I went there early, I can queue for the sisters. We ordered two different flavours of chicken and two different drinks. The sisters seemed to like the garlic flavour a lot more. I really did want to treat all the sisters, but since she insisted that I should not treat, I became unsure. At the end of the meal, I took the receipt, and looked at the sister's reaction. They were reacting and asking their elder sister to quickly go pay, and were awkward. I guess it was right to let her pay so that the rest of the sisters won't be too awkward. Again, I insisted on sending her home. She told me to go take train, but I really wanted to send her home. While walking to the bus stop, she told me she had a gift for me, and also, a reply for my question yesterday. Feeling super nervous, I opened the letter containing her reply. I held my breath and flipped open. There was a large YES! printed on the paper, in a handwriting so beautiful, so familiar. Happiness filled me in overwhelming amounts. There was a large crowd at the bus stop, but I didn't care, and flung my arms around her. Time seemed to stop as we enjoyed that moment. It really was fate that I got to know her. After I released, I held her hand for the rest of the journey home. On the way back to my home, I couldn't resist and opened her present for me. It was a cup, a gift of a cup that carries a strong meaning. Thinking back, she really planned everything very well, and understands me very well. From today onwards, I will not address her as 'she' or 'her' in my blog. She has a beautiful name for her beautiful personality. Her name is Chan Zhu En.

No comments: