Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Batam, A Short Getaway


This trip was planned solely by me, but the presence of my dad made everything a whole lot easier. Kudos to him for picking up Indon after working there. Being able to communicate with the locals really helped us get the best deals and getting to places! Resort lifestyle by the beach refreshes both the mind and spirit. In this trip, we enjoyed fresh local seafood and I got to enjoy exhilarating sea sports. Mosquitoes annoyed us throughout the trip. Nonetheless, another trip succeeded!


7 December 2015, Sunny, Singapore > Batam Turi Beach Resort
We woke up early in the morning to travel to Batam. Things dragged a bit because I am travelling with my mum! Moreover, I forgot to bring our Groupon tickets, so we had to go back home, then cab to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. The ferry ride gave us a headache. Note: Sitting on the lower deck will prevent this problem. We arrived at Turi after a short bus ride, then ate at the only restaurant available before checking in. I decided to test the pool in the resort. It is quite dirty! In the end, I did some suntanning. Late in the evening, I went to the gazebo by the sea. We then ate our steamboat dinner and retired for the night.



8 December 2015, Sunny, Turi > Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre >Turi 

We consumed our free breakfast in the resort. It was reasonable. We then took a taxi and went all the way to Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre. We then did a lot of shopping. I bought a set of clothes. Too bad no shoes caught my attention. Had our lunch in this restaurant called ZA Cafe. The Ayam Penyet that I had only cost $1.20 in Singapore dollars, and it tasted nice! After lunch, I went to try the arcade. Since smoking is allowed, the entire arcade is full of cigarette smoke. I only played a few rhythm games before leaving. Really cannot stand the smoke and poor ventilation although the arcade is really cheap. A token costs 10 cents! After that, I found another arcade by the cinema where smoking is not allowed. Spent a long part of my afternoon playing Time Crisis 4 there since one credit only costs 37 cents. Really enjoyed the arcade session, played till my heart's content! Dinner was at Reseki Seafood Restaurant, one of the recommendations by TripAdvisor. The seafood here is really fresh since all of them are live. My dad commented that their cooking skills are actually not that good, but I am contented. We had a large variety of seafood: Indonesian crab, groupers, gong-gong, small prawn, scallop and crayfish! This meal costed us a million dollars! (in rupiah)



9 December 2015, Sunny, Turi Beach Resort > Singapore

Today is the day where I did sea sports. I finally got the chance to try para-sailing, and at a reasonable price. After being all harnessed, the instructor counted down from 3, then I ran towards the sea and jumped. I was immediately lifted off the ground and ascended together with the kite. It was simply exhilarating. The view of the resort when you're up in the air is just different. Staring down, you can see your own shadow cruising over the sea at great speeds. The landing is a bit stupid however, just land into the water and get fetched back on a jet-ski. I then rode around the area on my rented jet-ski. After fumbling around with the balance, I finally got used to the machine. In no time, I start to speed around the waters at max throttle. This particular jet-ski was faster than the one that I tried in Gold Coast. Every max speed I achieved is a lot of adrenaline released. I then did some standing-speeding in the sea haha! The feeling is just great! Makes me forget all my troubles and woes temporarily. After a small lunch of fish and chips, we took the ferry back to Singapore.



Till the next trip, which actually isn't so far away from this one.


No comments: