Friday, March 09, 2018

The snowy days have stopped and it has gradually began to become warmer. It snowed a little last night though, as evident from the white snow deposits on the roofs of the house opposite my room... Yes, my room. I finally have found a place to stay for the next four months, and I have finally settled down.


The supply of student homes in the vicinity is higher than demand as many students need other people to take over their contract. I got a large room in this house for a very good deal. I will be staying with 4 other British students. This will be a fun and interesting exchange.

I have been cooking for myself for all three meals, just like how I did when I was in Australia. The strategies are quite similar, actually. I can finally start to have proper, full and healthy meals.

As for the administrative matters side, I am finally able to enter the office using my visitor card, which is a great relief. I have made an appointment next Thursday to open a bank account. Things are finally turning for the better and I can look forward to a new kind of life in Sheffield. Looking forward to start my research with Maria here!

No comments: